Saturday, October 10, 2015

Assam Laksa.

Personally, I'm not a great fan of Penang-styled Assam Laksa. No, let me reiterate, I was never a fan of Assam Laksa to begin with.

However, according to people who have tasted it, my mother cooks a pretty kickass pot of Assam Laksa! But then, she has since retired from the kitchen, & if my memory serves me right, it should have been at least 10 years since I've smelt the distinctive scent of Assam Laksa wafting through the house.

So, we were on a hunt yet again that stemmed from this question, "What to eat ah?"

Thus we ended right here, at 'The Little Island' (No.25, Jalan Molek 1/5C, Taman Molek, Johor Bahru) which is located behind Taman Molek's Public Bank. I've actually been here a few times with my la-kopi buddies, when the cafe-styled restaurant just started up, as their F&B line-up were pretty decent.

So, no prizes for guessing it right, my mother swiftly decided on the Assam Laksa as soon as she spotted it on the menu! Although it took them quite some time to serve it up, as soon as the bowl of Assam Laksa hit the table, I took a glance, and boy did it look extremely promising to my untrained eye!

The picture doesn't do it justice

So why is this worth a special mention? Mummy gave not one, but two thumbs up for their version of this famous delicacy which is a die-die must try in Penang! Apparently, this is the best bowl of Assam Laksa she's had in Johor Bahru, although it's still short of rivalling the famous roadside one in Penang.

Give it a try if you're around the vicinity, Assam Laksa lovers might just fall in love with it if they are able to churn out the exact same quality consistently!

No comments:

Post a Comment